Universal Planning Notification Project
What is UPN?
The Action Plan, which the Commission endorsed on July 17, 2008, includes as one of six objectives, "improve the public experience of the Planning process through improved communication." An internal working group – consisting of Kelley Amdur, Lawrence Badiner, Lisa Chau, Alton Chinn, Kate Conner, Scott Dowdee, Cecilia Jaroslawsky, Sarah Jones, Sharon Lai, Edgar Oropeza, Maria Oropeza, Scott Sanchez, Michael Smith, Mat Snyder, Tara Sullivan and Cathy Thai - began meeting bi-weekly starting on April 2, 2009 to work on the Universal Planning Notification Effort (UPN), an effort to develop a draft proposal to consolidate, simplify and improve the Planning Department's public notification processes, which currently number more than 40. The internal working group is reviewing recommendations from Matrix Consulting, the Department of Building Inspection's Business Process Reengineering (BPR) effort, conducting jurisdictional comparisons, performing community outreach and using professional experience to develop a draft proposal.
Archive of Related Planning Commission Hearings
- Planning Commission Presentation (8-13-09) (SFGTV), 10/27/2009
- Planning Commission Presentation (8-13-09), 10/27/2009
- Staff Report to Planning Commission Outlining Draft Proposal (for Hearing on August 13, 2009), 08/06/2009
Archive of Related Community Outreach Meetings
- Presentation from Community Outreach Meeting on October 13, 2009, 10/27/2009
- Invitation for Community Outreach Meeting on October 13, 2009, 10/08/2009
- Presentation from Community Outreach Meeting on July 9, 2009, 07/13/2009
- Invitation for Community Outreach Meeting on July 9, 2009, 06/25/2009
- Presentation from Community Outreach Meeting on May 19, 2009, 07/13/2009
- Invitation for Community Outreach Meeting on May 19, 2009, 05/05/2009
Archive of UPN Documents & Materials
- Planning Department Public Notification Survey on Surveymonkey.com, 05/05/2009
- Summary of Existing Planning Department Public Notification Processes, Updated 10/08/2009
- Draft UPN Concepts (from July 9, 2009 Community Outreach Meeting), 07/13/2009
- Compilation of Public Comments on UPN Project (PDF Package), 10/27/2009
If you have any questions or comments about the UPN Project specifically, you can contact our Planning Department staff. We look forward to assisting you.
Scott Sanchez, 415.558.6326
SF Planning Department
1650 Mission Street, Suite 400
San Francisco, CA 94103