Historic Preservation Commission - May 3, 2017 - Agenda
HISTORIC PRESERVATION COMMISSION
Notice of Hearing
Commission Chambers Room 400,
1 Dr. Carlton B. Goodlett Place
San Francisco, CA 94102-4689
Wednesday, May 3, 2017
Andrew Wolfram, President
Aaron Hyland, Vice President
Karl Hasz, Ellen Johnck, Richard S.E. Johns, Diane Matsuda, Jonathan Pearlman
Jonas P. Ionin
Hearing Materials are available at:
Commission Hearing Broadcasts:
President: Andrew Wolfram
Vice-President: Aaron Hyland
Commissioners: Karl Hasz, Ellen Johnck, Richard S.E. Johns, Diane Matsuda, Jonathan Pearlman
A. GENERAL PUBLIC COMMENT
At this time, members of the public may address the Commission on items of interest to the public that are within the subject matter jurisdiction of the Commission except agenda items. With respect to agenda items, your opportunity to address the Commission will be afforded when the item is reached in the meeting. Each member of the public may address the Commission for up to three minutes.
The Brown Act forbids a commission from taking action or discussing any item not appearing on the posted agenda, including those items raised at public comment. In response to public comment, the commission is limited to:
(1) responding to statements made or questions posed by members of the public; or
(2) requesting staff to report back on a matter at a subsequent meeting; or
(3) directing staff to place the item on a future agenda. (Government Code Section 54954.2(a))
B. DEPARTMENT MATTERS
2. Review of Past Events at the Planning Commission, Staff Report and Announcements
C. COMMISSION MATTERS
3. President’s Report and Announcements
4. Consideration of Adoption:
Adoption of Commission Minutes – Charter Section 4.104 requires all commissioners to vote yes or no on all matters unless that commissioner is excused by a vote of the Commission. Commissioners may not be automatically excluded from a vote on the minutes because they did not attend the meeting.
5. Commission Comments & Questions
- Inquiries/Announcements. Without discussion, at this time Commissioners may make announcements or inquiries of staff regarding various matters of interest to the Commissioner(s).
- Future Meetings/Agendas. At this time, the Commission may discuss and take action to set the date of a Special Meeting and/or determine those items that could be placed on the agenda of the next meeting and other future meetings of the Historic Preservation Commission.
D. REGULAR CALENDAR
6. 2017-002319OTH (F. MCMILLEN: (415) 575-9076)
310 7TH STREET – west side of 7th Street between Folsom and Harrison streets, in Assessor's Block 0197, Lot 002 (District 6). Request for Review and Comment on the nomination of the property to the California Register of Historical Resources. The subject property is located within the Folsom Street NCT (Neighborhood Commercial, Transit) and 65-X Height and Bulk District.
Preliminary Recommendation: Adopt a Resolution in support of the nomination, subject to revisions